- This event has passed.
Antique Tractor Parade
August 16, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
Antique tractors will be making their way through town on Sunday, August 16, 2020. This event is being organized as one of several events taking place instead of the annual Vankleek Hill Fair, which has been cancelled for this year due to the pandemic. Just find a spot to park along the parade route; admission is free for this event.
The parade begins at 1 p.m. — See the parade route below and yes — there are a few extra rules in place to provide for safe parade-watching — including a reminder to bystanders to respect physical distancing along the parade route.
The parade will begin and end at the Vankleek Hill Fairgrounds. Entries will arrive between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to allow for social distancing as they enter the fairgrounds. There will be a maximum of two individuals per tractor permitted onto the fairgrounds. A maximum of 100 persons, including fair volunteers, will be permitted on the grounds.
It is important to note that participants must register ahead of time, by email, including the names and phone numbers of the individuals who will be entering the fairgrounds. The registration email address is: [email protected]
Gate personnel will have a checklist of entries and people will check in at the gate as they arrive.
As tractors and individuals arrive, the tractors will be directed to line up in designated areas to keep them safely distanced from other entries, waiting for parade departure time.
- Gate personnel speaking with entrants will be masked as they take attendance of those arriving.
- A list of participants will be maintained to assist with “contact tracing” should it be needed in the future.
- Areas for lining up the tractors will be marked with tape/pickets/chalk to ensure social distancing between parked tractors.
- All participants will be asked to keep an appropriate social distance from other participants.
- All participants will be asked to provide a face mask for when they are on the fairgrounds, and may have to interact with organizers.
- Organizers will have masks if they need to go close to entries to interact with the drivers.
- During the parade, the tractors are large enough to naturally ensure social distancing between participants.
- Through media and social media coverage, prior to the event, we will advise the public of our parade route and ask them to social distance themselves along the parade route and avoid crowding. Spectators may also choose to stay in their vehicles to observe the parade.
- The parade will last approximately 45 minutes.
- No visitors will be permitted on the fairgrounds.
- The Vankleek Hill Fire Department will assist with traffic control, as well as escorting the parade at the beginning and at the end.
The proposed route is as follows:
Leave the Fairgrounds by the back entrance onto Pendleton Street.
Proceed to Mill Street, cross Highway 34, continue along Mill Street.
Proceed through the arena parking lot, left onto Wall Street at the back of the arena to pass the Heritage Lodge.
The parade will then turn left onto Union Street, followed by a right (east) onto Mill Street. Proceed with a left (north) turn onto Jay Street. The parade will then cross Main Street onto Stanley Street, turning left, (west), at Higginson Street, followed by turning left (south) onto Home Avenue.
The parade will turn right (west) onto Main Street and proceed to the Fairgrounds at 92 Main Street West.
Parade organizers emphasize the following:
- Pre-registration is required with contact information.
- Entries will need to be limited due to COVID 19 restrictions.
- Only participants (no guests) will be allowed on the fair grounds.
- Social Distancing will must be adhered to by the public along the parade route.